Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+6
monpasdg
Rulyon
Giygas
Albuca
Lizardman
skoglol
10 posters

Magic carpet and cocoa beans from trees?

skoglol
    skoglol

Magic carpet and cocoa beans from trees? Empty Magic carpet and cocoa beans from trees?

Post by skoglol 2011-07-07, 23:11

Been gone for a while, and have not kept up with the changes. I got two questions!

What happened to magic carpet? It was an awesome builing tool, and I miss it dearly. I know it had some issues when combined with worldguard, but did they not fix that? I know I've seen it on other servers lately, so there should be a version working with 1.7.2 in some way. FakeEDIT: Had a look, and they say it works for 953. idk if it messes with worldguard zones or not.
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-magiccarpet-v1-5-6-take-yourself-wonder-by-wonder-953.704/

About the same time as I started getting less and less active on the server, we had a plugin for drops from trees. I seem to remember it dropping waaaaay too many apples and shit, because orc was lazy and didn't check the config properly (flashback from mob drops anyone?). Why was this removed? If not apples, I would love to have a plugin for this dropping cocoa beans fairly rarely. Brown wool is sort of a pain to get a hold of at the moment Smile
    Here is an up to date example: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-fun-fruitful-v0-4-drop-apples-and-cocoa-and-more-from-trees-and-crops-953.21735/

-skoglol
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Magic carpet and cocoa beans from trees? Empty Re: Magic carpet and cocoa beans from trees?

Post by Lizardman 2011-07-07, 23:15

The MC occasionally spawned globs of glass all over the world, with no logs to clean em up.

As for the second plugin, I personally liked it but it was removed due to the spawn rate being completely ridiculous.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Magic carpet and cocoa beans from trees? Empty Re: Magic carpet and cocoa beans from trees?

Post by Albuca 2011-07-07, 23:20

I think the last time we tried it, it messed with zones.
    I personally dig a hole halfway to bedrock with it ^^
    Just tap shift and watch the glass go further and further and further down .........

Worth a try again IMO.
    Maybe on the test server first? lol
    Then on the real server with limited perms (Staff only) to make sure its functioning correctly?
    Then roll it out to the usual donator+ ranks?
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-07-07, 23:33

Lizardman wrote:As for the second plugin, I personally liked it but it was removed due to the spawn rate being completely ridiculous.

That's adjustable, really should not be a problem :p

As for MC, I remember it occationally laying out some glass if there were server lag. Was it ever any worse than occationally?

Edit: Last 3 versions changelog:
    Code:
    Version 1.5.6

* MagicCarpet should be working much more smoothly after the updated to 1.7.2
        * Added the option to save the default carpet size in the config.yml

Version 1.5.5

* MagicCarpet now removes itself automatically whe it moves to an area without permissions.
        * The admin can set how the MagicLight appears.

Version 1.5.4

* The MagicLight now has a Permissions node.
        * Glowstone from the MagicLight does not drop glowstone, no matter who breaks it.
        * The admin can now set the default way to go down in a config file, as well as use this file to set up permissions without another plugin.'
        * Edited the code so that the carpet does not last through transitions to another world where the user does not have permissions.

Seems to me there is several changes to areas without permissions. Perhaps it works properly?

While we're at it, can't we let donator+ at least see /plugins? I'd like to see what has happened since I took a break :p
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-07-08, 02:56

Yes, please give MagicCarpet another try! It was a pain to build Acheron's sky ring without it.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-07-08, 03:25

Add my request to returning Magic Carpet! Smile
    monpasdg
    monpasdg

Post by monpasdg 2011-07-08, 03:27

I'd have a use for some Aladdin
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-07-08, 09:04

skoglol wrote:Been gone for a while, and have not kept up with the changes. I got two questions!

What happened to magic carpet? It was an awesome builing tool, and I miss it dearly. I know it had some issues when combined with worldguard, but did they not fix that? I know I've seen it on other servers lately, so there should be a version working with 1.7.2 in some way. FakeEDIT: Had a look, and they say it works for 953. idk if it messes with worldguard zones or not.
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-magiccarpet-v1-5-6-take-yourself-wonder-by-wonder-953.704/

About the same time as I started getting less and less active on the server, we had a plugin for drops from trees. I seem to remember it dropping waaaaay too many apples and shit, because orc was lazy and didn't check the config properly (flashback from mob drops anyone?). Why was this removed? If not apples, I would love to have a plugin for this dropping cocoa beans fairly rarely. Brown wool is sort of a pain to get a hold of at the moment Smile
    Here is an up to date example: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-fun-fruitful-v0-4-drop-apples-and-cocoa-and-more-from-trees-and-crops-953.21735/

-skoglol

+2
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-07-08, 09:17

Next restart

(Do not expect beans to drop like golden apples did before, if they do then I made a mistake)

Last edited by Orcworm on 2011-07-08, 09:23; edited 1 time in total
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-07-08, 09:18

Kn16h7 wrote:
    skoglol wrote:Been gone for a while, and have not kept up with the changes. I got two questions!

-skoglol

+2

You give away too many of your +'s.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-07-08, 09:25

Will G apples still spawn?
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-07-08, 09:26

No
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-07-08, 09:34

Q.Q

Will apples at least drop?
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-07-08, 09:41

Giygas wrote:Yes, please give MagicCarpet another try! It was a pain to build Acheron's sky ring without it.
    Says the person who hasnt even done the sky ring scratch
    Anyway i just wanted to add my own opinion to the case...
    It really would be super useful if MC would be functional again. Sadly i never experienced mc myself because i turned into a donator far after it got removed. I think it would help making large projects way easier and we could further improve Acheron with the help of magic carpet.
    But if you risk causing problems for the server when adding it back, id say better leave it be. I dont want thousands of glass and wool pieces floating in the air all over the world map
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-07-08, 09:54

GaMerG77 wrote:
    Kn16h7 wrote:

-skoglol

+2

+1
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-07-08, 10:06

Kn16h7 wrote:
    GaMerG77 wrote:
    Kn16h7 wrote:

-skoglol

+2

+1

+ Magic carpet and cocoa beans from trees? Z
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-07-08, 10:12

lawl? o.o
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-07-08, 16:21

Request made.
    Request granted.
    Thread derailed.
    Thread LOCKED

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 01:10