Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+2
patrickfreed
Durnik20
6 posters

Mod griefing

Durnik20

Mod griefing Empty Mod griefing

Post by Durnik20 2011-02-01, 15:17

So im confused. I have had a place near fort jarvais for a while now but I was under the impression that so long as we didnt build in his zoned area, where in fact we cannot build, that we were fine. As he expanded towards my castle I also expanded towards his.

Everything should have been fine.

Until jarvais used mod abilities to teleport to us, kill us both while invulnerable, taking our diamond tools all while we were building.

I just want to know since Ive put alot of effort into what ive done along side point120, also killed, and darkodin, who was witness to it, if this what we can expect from the servers mods? that anytime we build near them or they feel like it they will just kill us or run us out? Its bad enough he wonders through our home points without asking but we dont say anything cause hes a mod.

I know this is a pvp server, and im not oppose to the idea, but mods should, I would hope, be held to different standards since we as players have no means to defend against them.

patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Mod griefing Empty Re: Mod griefing

Post by patrickfreed 2011-02-01, 15:21

Durnik20 wrote:Until jarvais used mod abilities to teleport to us, kill us both while invulnerable, taking our diamond tools all while we were building.
    Jarvis, how could you?! Haha
    Durnik20

Post by Durnik20 2011-02-01, 15:23

Also after teh fact, event hough it is my new /home he zoned the whole area to prevent us from building there any further.

So the mod can spawn the best armor weapons, have god mode, prevent us form building outside his city EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE ALREADY BUILT THERE that he can apperantly make as large as he wants without paying anything,

That is the caliber mod we use to enforce the rules.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-02-01, 15:24

Durnik20 wrote:So im confused. I have had a place near fort jarvais for a while now but I was under the impression that so long as we didnt build in his zoned area, where in fact we cannot build, that we were fine. As he expanded towards my castle I also expanded towards his.

Everything should have been fine.

Until jarvais used mod abilities to teleport to us, kill us both while invulnerable, taking our diamond tools all while we were building.

I just want to know since Ive put alot of effort into what ive done along side point120, also killed, and darkodin, who was witness to it, if this what we can expect from the servers mods? that anytime we build near them or they feel like it they will just kill us or run us out? Its bad enough he wonders through our home points without asking but we dont say anything cause hes a mod.

I know this is a pvp server, and im not oppose to the idea, but mods should, I would hope, be held to different standards since we as players have no means to defend against them.

One I didn't teleport to you, the loggs in the server will proove that I was a couple blocks. Two I killed you as my right is to kill anyone I want, I had /god off, I have proof expecting you to whine:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

^ Clear evidence I turned off /god

I have been building there since December. In my city we have a strict building code and you built on a beatiful hill and destroyed the trees. I in no way griefed your structure. Please do not falsely accuse me of these things.

Also did I not see you wandering through my city in the restricted area? I can wander all I want didn't you ask for it to become a city, your area yourself yet you whine about me looking at it.

Last edited by Jarvisd on 2011-02-01, 15:25; edited 1 time in total
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-02-01, 15:24

Durnik20 wrote:Also after teh fact, event hough it is my new /home he zoned the whole area to prevent us from building there any further.

So the mod can spawn the best armor weapons, have god mode, prevent us form building outside his city EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE ALREADY BUILT THERE that he can apperantly make as large as he wants without paying anything,

That is the caliber mod we use to enforce the rules.

We can't spawn armor lol and you are one to talk gamemaster world edited your city and gave you tons of supplys..
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-02-01, 15:29

Jarvisd wrote:^ Clear evidence I turned off /god
    Hehe, you can't pin anything on Jarvis. Suspect
    Durnik20

Post by Durnik20 2011-02-01, 15:30

Heres the rub,

First you teleported to my tower, turned off god mod and then walked over and killed us.

Second. I wondered into your city by mistake, looked around then left.

Third. your city has building codes you do not own all land in line of site of it. we built outside your zoned area right next to my castle.

Fourth, your a mod, this behavior would be sad form a player from a mod who is supposed to use his power to support the server for the players, is abysmal.

Fifth, after the fact, you then zoned the area we built to prevent us from continuing our building for no purpose but because you could

sixth. you have to pay, from how i read the rules, for zoning a city, not just do it willy nilly because you want to.

Seventh, no one world edited our area we built every single thing 1 block at a time and certainly no one gave us supplies.
    *EDit ORc apperantly gave point120 some items because he got robbed twice. none of which was building supplies, just some diamond and iron.

Eight, I retract the armor statement. instead you kill us with god mod off then turn it back on to prevent us from killing you at all to get our stuff back.

Yes I used WIlly nilly in a sentence.

Shall I continue to point out the ways your behavior was poor?

Your not a player, youre a moderator, there to keep the server running smooth and make sure the rules are enforced the way the server owner would want. You are, or should be, held to a higher standard.

The rest of my previous points still remain.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-02-01, 15:35

Look,
    I don't see what the big deal is.
    1. Fort Jarvis was around before you had to pay.
    2. It's a pvp server
    3. he's allowed to play, just because he's a mod doesn't mean he can't play. Look at battlekid or Gamemaster or Havoc. They all have the biggest cities in the server filled with stores, plots and such.
    'Nuff said

Last edited by patrickfreed on 2011-02-01, 15:35; edited 1 time in total
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-02-01, 15:35

Durnik20 wrote:Heres the rub,

First you teleported to my tower, turned off god mod and then walked over and killed us.

Third. your city has building codes you do not own all land in line of site of it. we built outside your zoned area right next to my castle.

Fourth, your a mod, this behavior would be sad form a player from a mod who is supposed to use his power to support the server for the players, is abysmal.

Fifth, after the fact, you then zoned the area we built to prevent us from continuing our building for no purpose but because you could

sixth. you have to pay, from how i read the rules, for zoning a city, not just do it willy nilly because you want to.

Seventh, no one world edited our area we built every single thing 1 block at a time and certainly no one gave us supplies.
    *EDit ORc apperantly gave point120 some items because he got robbed twice. none of which was building supplies, just some diamond and iron.

Eight, I retract the armor statement. instead you kill us with god mod off then turn it back on to prevent us from killing you at all to get our stuff back.

Your not a player, youre a moderator, there to keep the server running smooth and make sure the rules are enforced the way the server owner would want. You are, or should be, held to a higher standard.

Lets try not to flamebait, one I didn't take your stuff lol. Also just because it is zoned dosn't mean you build next to me. I didn't do anything wrong, the fact is you harrass me everyday and I just ignore you, but trying to ruin mycity for the various people that bought lots there isn't very nice. Your logic makes no sense it is like saying I can build a dirt hut in the middle of spadars little island kingdom because he has not zoned it yet.. I also didn't world edit those large walls you see of the main city that is in use, the only part I world edited of my city was the newer section not in use just a wall so you won't decide to claim that too..
    Durnik20

Post by Durnik20 2011-02-01, 15:37

patrickfreed wrote:Look,
    I don't see what the big deal is.
    1. Fort Jarvis was around before you had to pay.
    2. It's a pvp server
    3. he's allowed to play, just because he's a mod doesn't mean he can't play. Look at battlekid or Gamemaster or Havoc. They all have the biggest cities in the server filled with stores, plots and such.
    'Nuff said

Thats true they do.

They also do not screw with players who build near there area. not in it. near it. I dont care that he killed me. Whatever, so long as he keeps god mode off Ill kill him all day everyday.

Its that he zoned the area that is my /home that we were already building that was OUTSIDE his city limits afterwards.

I dont see any of the people you listed behaving as childishly.

Jarvisd wrote:
    Durnik20 wrote:Heres the rub,

Lets try not to flamebait, one I didn't take your stuff lol. Also just because it is zoned dosn't mean you build next to me. I didn't do anything wrong, the fact is you harrass me everyday and I just ignore you, but trying to ruin mycity for the various people that bought lots there isn't very nice. Your logic makes no sense it is like saying I can build a dirt hut in the middle of spadars little island kingdom because he has not zoned it yet.. I also didn't world edit those large walls you see of the main city that is in use, the only part I world edited of my city was the newer section not in use just a wall so you won't decide to claim that too..

Actually not being zoned DOES mean I can build there. Thats the whole point. Its an open world. If you havent claimed it someone else can.

Thats why you pay to zone an area, so that it can be destroyed and so others cant build there.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-01, 15:40

He didn't grief or steal, and he wasn't using "God" or "vanish"; he's a good player and a good mod too, and therefore, he is entitled to kill whoever he wants, just like you or me. Now stop whining and either go build or GTFO.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-02-01, 15:42

Where you set your /home is irrelevant. My city limit is all visible zone of the walls, I don't want little colonys of houses. I also put a sign saying the limit was a tree which you saw by making your tower in an area you knew I had claimed...
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-02-01, 15:43

PetePorty wrote:Now stop whining and either go build or GTFO.
    Aptly put. Is that the right usage of "aptly"?
    Durnik20

Post by Durnik20 2011-02-01, 15:45

You you put a sign on a tree 1 block from my building claiming everything in the area.

Im heading to bed, Im curious to get Orcs opinion on this.

Im hoping this is not how he wants his mods to behave.

Where you set your /home is irrelevant. My city limit is all visible zone of the walls, I don't want little colonys of houses. I also put a sign saying the limit was a tree which you saw by making your tower in an area you knew I had claimed...

From what i understand you cant kill someone in there home. Against server rules.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-02-01, 15:48

Durnik20 wrote:You you put a sign on a tree 1 block from my building claiming everything in the area.

Im heading to bed, Im curious to get Orcs opinion on this.

Im hoping this is not how he wants his mods to behave.

Sir, you are lucky, you griefed that sign and we were talking about the city limits and I clearly defined them and you random build a ugly cobblestone tower? You are just trying to smear my reputation. You know you have losted when you start claiming a sign defining city limits it irrelevant (which you griefed). Also there is no rule about killing someone in their home and where you set /home is not your 'home' it is a point to be used to teleport and I doubt you did /home set there. Please refer to /rules next time instead of making a flame thread.
    Durnik20

Post by Durnik20 2011-02-01, 15:53

Aptly put. Is that the right usage of "aptly"?

Yes.

Im not getting into a fight here over you petty behavior. If Orc says thats how he likes his mods to act, great, Ill pack up head to a server where there is a semblance of responsibility in the people who are in charge, no fuss.

Ive asked orc to chime in with his opinion. its his call.
    battlekid
    battlekid

Post by battlekid 2011-02-01, 16:06

Here's what:

I respect Jarvisd, as both a fellow Moderator and as a fellow player. He might have overreacted, but it sounds like you griefed and tried to get into a restricted part of his town. As such, him simply PvPing you is a light punishment.

If you don't like the Moderators here, please tell us why, and we will do our reasonable best to accommodate you.
    If you hate us all, then please leave, as we don't care for that here.

If you lost items, then ask for them back.

If you need your house moved, then ask us and we can TRY to move it.

If you REALLY did NOT know about the signs/rules, then lets give you another chance. As stated, we are willing to give you the stuff back, and even move your house.

-battlekid
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-01, 16:20

Tits or GTFO, I hate whining bitches, so either understand it's a PvP server and suck it up, or go to some server where you don't get to play, that is, go to some classic server somewhere.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-01, 18:34

So, let me get this straight, Durnik20 is complaining about being killed on a PvP server, the additional factor being Jarvisd supposedly used /god to kill him? If necessary I will trawl through the 120mb log tonight, I know the wait will be excruciatingly long.

Last edited by Orcworm on 2011-02-01, 19:04; edited 1 time in total
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-01, 18:46

No mate, he's whining because a MOD killed him (he thinks those ain't allowed to play) on a PvP server, and he also claims his reasons for killing him were wrong (which we don't really care about). Jarvisd has already proved he didn't have God mode, and the whiny guy accepted that. Therefore, he's complaining because someone killed him in a PvP server.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-01, 19:07

Looking at Durnik20's /home point it seems he did indeed build a tower, literally two or three blocks away from Jarvis' city, bearing in mind the sheer size of the map, as well as the fact that Jarvis had planned the city long before that cobblestone tower was constructed, it just looks like he's trying to cause trouble. I don't see why any sort of action should be taken.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-02, 01:54

Hence, locked.
    PC: censoreship Surprised

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 23:52